The wax is collected when processing and harvesting our honey and then hand crafted by us into 30g beeswax bars. The beeswax is rendered approximately 3 times to remove any impurities and we make the beeswax only from wax directly from our apiaries or from other beekeepers whose practices are known to us. We only use 100% Australian beeswax, we do not use any imported beeswax.
We do not bleach our beeswax and prefer to preserve its natural yellow colour. Natural beeswax has the fragrance of honey and is pale yellow in colour. Slight variations in colour can occur depending on purity, the region, and the type of flowers gathered by the bees. Our beeswax contains no additives and is not adulterated in any way. There is no expiry date on beeswax and it can be heated and reused.
Popular uses for beeswax include:
- lubricant for very old furniture joints
- smooth movement for doors and windows
- prevents bronze items from tarnishing
- use as a rust prevention
- conditioner for wood bowls and cutting boards
- coat nails and screws to prevent wood from splintering
- furniture polish when mixed with linseed oil and mineral spirits in equal parts
- sewing to strengthen the thread and prevent snagging
- keep zippers moving smoothly
- grafting plants
- to keep saws sharp
- saturate cardboard with beeswax and use as fire fuel when camping
- to seal stick matches to stay dry when boating, fishing or skiing
- can be used as a wood filler
- surfboard wax
- DIY projects such as lip balm, cosmetics, soaps and beeswax reusable food wraps
Is our beeswax food safe?
There are no pesticides, antibiotics or sprays added during the beekeeping process and there is nothing added during the processing of the beeswax which is simply melted and put through a fine sieve to remove any debris.
Our beeswax does not contain any paraffin or other waxes and is not adulterated in any way. Why anyone would want to ruin a beautiful natural product is beyond me.
Feel comfortable that our beeswax is pure and ready to use for your lip balms, scrubs and beeswax wraps.