Turkish Gozleme with Silverbeet, Feta and Ricotta
This recipe is a Food Connect take on the delicious weekend market savoury treat - Turkish gozleme! This can be made all with ingredients you can find on our website, as well as some of this week's special items.
- 2 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Olive oil
- Barambah Organic Feta - 250g, cut into small cubes
- 300g silverbeet, (washed and roughly chopped)
- 2 cups (200g) ricotta (homemade ricotta recipe option here)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- paprika & cumin powder (to taste)
- Olive oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Then, make a well in the centre and slowly pour in the yoghurt and water. Mix together with a spoon until everything is combined (if too dry, add a tablespoon of water or more)
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 3 minutes (until smooth and elastic). Place in a bowl lined with olive oil and cover with a clean tea towel. Set aside while you cook up the filling.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan, add onion and cook until it begins to brown. Then add garlic and chopped silverbeet. Season with salt, pepper and desired amount of spices. Cook this for about 5 - 10 minutes, until the silverbeet is vibrant and sauteed.
- Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool
Putting it all together!:
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions, and roll into roughly 15x30cm rectangles.
- Layer a generous amount of ricotta into the centre of each rectangle, along with a handful of feta cubes. Then layer a portion of the filling mix on top.
- Fold the sides, top & bottom of the dough in, so that it completely covers the filling and seals. Coat the top lightly with olive oil.
- Put the same pan onto medium heat and place the oiled side down in the pan. As this cooks, coat the other side with olive oil. Leave for 3 - 4 minutes and flip.
- Repeat for your remaining dough and filling!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.