Super Versatile Avo & Almond Quinoa Salad
A great tactic for making the most of our produce set boxes is to have a few 'throw it all in' recipes in your back pocket. Quinoa salad is one of them! There's no real rules as to which veggies you should use, just take what you've got at the bottom of the fridge and let your taste buds decide.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 avocado, halved and sliced
- 1 cup almonds, crushed
- Leafy Greens (e.g. Kale, Silverbeet, Rainbow Chard)
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- Put your quinoa into a sieve and rinse well under the tap (this helps with the bitter flavour people sometimes taste in their quinoa). Pour the 2 cups water and rinsed quinoa into a pot together, with a dash of salt and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and leave for 12 - 15 minutes.
- While you are waiting prepare your other ingredients! Just like in last weeks bruschetta, toast your almonds in a pan on low heat. Toss occasionally and heat for about 4 minutes (until you can smell the almond-y goodness). Remove from the pan and set aside.
- After this, sauté your leafy greens in the same pan with a drizzle of olive oil, salt & pepper. This should take about 7 - 10 minutes.
- Once the quinoa is finished, stir it into the leafy greens along with your almonds and mint.
- Serve with the avocado slices on top and enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.