Strawberry Chamomile Frozen Yoghurt
- 400g Strawberries
- 1/2 cup of raw honey
- 1/4 cup of chamomile flowers
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthways, seeds scraped out and reserved
- 3 cups of Barambah Natural Yoghurt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1Tbs of lemon juice
Recipe by Sarah Britton from her recipe book "My New Roots."
- Roughly chop 1/4 of the strawberries
- Combine the remaining whole strawberries, honey, chamomile flowers, vanilla seeds, yoghurt, lemon zest and juice in a blender and process until completely smooth, making sure there aren't any unblended bits of chamomile in the mix.
- Pour the contents of the blender into a a square metal tin and fold in the chopped strawberries. If you have an icecream maker, use it now as per the manufacturer's instructions.
- Freeze the yoghurt for 45-60 minutes. Then remove the tin from the freezer and use a fork or sturdy whisk to whip the yoghurt until creamy. Return the yoghurt to the freezer and repeat the whisking every 30 minutes for up to 2 hours, making sure the yoghurt is as smooth as possible each time before returning it to the freezer.
- Cover the container with a teatowel and store it in the freezer. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.