Stewed rhubarb and vanilla yoghurt
This delicious and versatile recipe can be served on top of porridge or with custard, add a crumble topping and bake.
- 500g rhubarb, trimmed and chopped
- 1 large orange, juice and zest of
- 50 - 100g caster sugar (this is to your taste)
- 2 pieces stem ginger, finely chopped
- 1 vanilla pod, halved lengthways
- 250 ml natural yoghurt
- Place the chopped rhubarb in a medium-sized saucepan with the orange juice and zest, caster sugar, 2 tablespoons of water and the ginger. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until the rhubarb is soft and cooked, but still holds its shape.
- Meanwhile, scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod and mix these into the yoghurt. Serve the warm rhubarb topped with a large dollop of vanilla yoghurt.
- Step 2 can be skipped if you use the Barambah Vanilla Bean Yoghurt :-)
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.