Spicy Kale & Potato Happy Tummy Curry
Great served alongside some rice or naan bread
- 8 Dutch chat potatoes
- 4 tbs coconut oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp coriander freshly ground
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 2 1/2 cups kale chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
Recipe courtesy of moonandspoonandyum
- Peel & dice potatoes. Set aside.
- In a large pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add onions & saute until beginning to brown. Add minced garlic & cook about one minute longer.
- Add potatoes, coriander, turmeric, cumin and cayenne. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Add water just until potatoes are covered.
- Cover pot & cook for 15 minutes, or until you can pierce potatoes with a fork.
- Add chopped kale, cover & cook until kale is tender.
- Uncover, add salt, and cook until curry is desired dryness (turning to high to evaporate water quicker if need be).
- Let cool a few minutes before serving.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.