Sam & Emma's Hearty Vego Cottage Pie
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 100g baby spinach or silverbeet or perpetual spinach
- 800g potatoes
- 1 cup of cooked french puy lentils
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 1tsp chermoula spice blend
- 1tsp brown sugar
- parmesan cheese
- 250g Greek yoghurt
- mint leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
Recipe courtesy of Sam & Emma
- Drizzle cauliflower, carrots and zucchini with olive oil, salt and pepper in a baking tray and bake at 200C for 20 mins or until tender.
- Whilst the veggies are roasting, boil and mash the potatoes using milk, salt and butter to taste.
- Fry up the garlic (set 1/3 aside), add the chermoula spice blend, cooked lentils, tinned tomatoes, brown sugar. Add the baked cauliflower, carrot and zucchini, gently mixing in the baby spinach as well.
- To assemble, pour the pie mix into a baking tray and spread the potato mash on top, add parmesan cheese to taste, bake until lightly golden.
- While the pie is baking, finely chop the mint leaves, transfer to a small bowl and add the remaining garlic and Greek yoghurt. Stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.