Roasted Jarrahdale Pumpkin & Onion - A warm salad with Quark and Bush Kraut
For the Roasted Jarrahdale Pumpkin and Onions
- ½ Jarrahdale pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into 12 thick wedges
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, raw or toasted
- 200g Health Salad Mix
- Barambah Quark
- All Things Aroha, Bush Kraut
- For the roasted pumpkin and onions, preheat oven to 180ºC. On a large baking tray, toss all roasted pumpkin ingredients; spread in a single layer. Roast for 40 to 45 minutes, until pumpkin is tender.
- To serve, mix roasted pumpkin and onions with the Health Salad Mix, top with generous dollops of Quark and Bush Kraut and scatter with walnuts. Finish with a a good squeeze of lemon.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.