Roasted Beetroot with Honey Lime Dressing
- 2 large beetroots
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 red jalapeno chilis, seeded and diced
- fresh coriander, chopped
- eschallots, thinly sliced
Dressing ingredients (mix all together)
- zest and juice from 2 limes
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of ground pepper
- Roast and prep beetroot
Add the rest of your ingredients into a bowl with the beetroot. Pour over your dressing and coat, add salt & pepper to taste. Best served chilled
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees, and prepare beets by washing thoroughly with water and then wrapping loosely in aluminium foil.
- Place these on an oven rack (with a baking sheet underneath in case juice leaks from the beets). Roast for about an hour - until a fork can easily slide through the centre, checking every 20 minutes.
- Set aside to cool and peel the skin away with hands. Cut the beetroot into roughly 1cm cubes.
- More tips and tricks on roasting beetroot here
Recipe from V for Veggy.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.