Pineapple Jam Drops
We can't think of a better way to appreciate delicious, locally made jam other than freshly baked on top of cookies. The Pineapple jam by Jammed with Love is a Food Connect favourite, here is a recipe to help you enjoy it (not that you need help with that!). Makes 25 - 30
- 125g Butter (1/2 cup) - can be salted or unsalted!
- 100g of Castor Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract (check this website out for some alternatives)
1 1/4 cups of self-raising flour (or simply sift plain flour together with 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of Pineapple Jam
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line two baking trays with baking paper (or silicone alternative)
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl until pale and soft. Add the egg and continue to beat until combined and fluffy.
- Add the flour and mix to a soft (but not sticky) dough. You can use your hands to bring it together if needed.
- Roll the mixture into balls (should make around 20+) on the prepared trays and gently flatten them (only slightly). The cookies will spread a little so keep at least 5cm between each ball. Using your thumb, press the centre of each biscuit to make a well for the jam. This should be shallow, to avoid the jam falling through the bottom of the cookies.
- Add teaspoonfuls of jam to the centre of each biscuit and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until slightly golden and cooked through.
- Allow to sit for a few minutes and then use a flat spatula to transfer the biscuits to a wire rack to cool completely.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.