Pan-fried Garlic and Broccoli
To celebrate the return of broccoli season, this week's recipe is a simple yet flavourful stir-fry using, as you may have guessed from the title, garlic and broccoli. Eat it as is or with your favourite form of carbs like bread, rice, tortillas, pasta might be a bit strange but we're not here to judge!
- 1 Broccoli, roughly chopped into small pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt & pepper
- 1 tsp vinegar (we used balsamic but the Lirah red wine vinegar would work a treat!)
- Add a generous amount of olive oil to a large pan over medium heat. Once the oil is well heated, reduce heat and add garlic (it's important at this step to make sure the pan isn't hot enough to burn the garlic), then add the salt, pepper and paprika. Mix the paprika well into the oil.
- Increase to a high heat and cook for 1 minute, then adding broccoli pieces. Toss well to combine with your oil, spices and garlic. Add the vinegar and tamari sauce and toss again. You want the mix to be nice and saucy, you may need to add a dash more olive oil to ensure the ingredients mix well.
- Cook for another 5 to 7 minutes (tossing occasionally), or until the broccoli is colourful and softened, a little crunch is good though. Remove from heat, add a splash of water to deglaze the pan and your dish is ready to eat!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.