Pallavi's Moong dal
Method1. In a deep pan, heat up olive oil. Add mustard seeds and let them pop.
Mung dal - 1.5 cup, washed and soaked for 30 mins
Silverbeet or kale - one small bunch, washed and finely chopped
Garlic - 3 cloves, cut in thin slices
Chilli - as per taste
Salt - per taste
Tempering ingredients - Mustard seeds (1 tspn), Turmeric powder (1 tspn), Olive Oil (1 tbsp).
2. Add turmeric powder, chopped garlic and chilli and saute till garlic changes its colour
3. Add the chopped silverbeet and saute till it wilts
4. Now add the washed and soaked mung dal and mix well.
5. Add enough water to just cover the dal and put the lid on. Cook the dal on simmer for 15-20mins till the grains are soft.
6. Add more water to adjust the thickness and salt to taste. Bring it to the boil and let it boil for 5 more mins.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.