Pallavi's Lime Chutney
This is a beautiful balance of sweet, spicy and tangy
limes - 5 (make sure these are ripe, juicy and thin skinned)
Salt - to taste (be a bit heavy handed with salt as it acts as preservative)
Sugar - 1.5 cups white/brown/rapadura/coconut sugar (any sugar would do) , ground to fine powder
Cumin- 1.5 teaspoons , roasted and ground to a powder
Red Chilli powder - to taste
1. wash the limes and dry them with a tea towel. Make sure all the water is wiped away
2. cut each lime in 8 parts. Make sure you remove all the seeds from the limes.
3. add the salt to the limes and slow cook it till the rind is cooked (you can use a slow cooker or pressure cooker for this)
4. after the mixture is cooled down blitz it though using the food processor or push it though a moulie
5. add the sugar, cumin powder and red chilli powder to the mixture. Have a taste and adjust the sugar and salt to taste
6. store in airtight container
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.