One-pan baked eggs with olives and feta
- 4 Eggs.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups Leafy greens, roughly chopped (we recommend rainbow chard, perpetual spinach or kale)
Sliced & Spiced Olives
- Marinated feta (to garnish)
- Eschallots, thinly sliced (to garnish)
- 2/3 cup cream
- 1 tsp Bacon salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Heat the olive oil on medium heat, in a cast iron pan (or any oven proof pan) sauté the onions for 1 minute then add garlic and leafy greens until everything is fragrant and the greens are beginning to wilt.
- Stir in the sliced olives and bacon salt, if you’re using it.
- Spread this mixture around the pan evenly and make four little wells for your eggs.
- Crack one egg into each little well (they don't have to be perfect, a little bit of egg overflow is fine)
- Carefully and slowly, pour the cream around the eggs.
- Transfer the pan into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes (or as soon as the egg whites are no longer translucent)
- Top with feta, eschallots and serve!
Recipe and photo adapted from the Modern Proper. Don't forget to send your recipe suggestions to community@foodconnect .com.au
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.