Moroccan Quinoa Salad with Crispy Chickpeas
- 2 cups of cooked chickpeas (best cooked the day before)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- 4 cups kale, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 2 large carrots, ribboned
- 1/4 medium red onion, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 8 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- First, preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Next, prepare the Moroccan seasoning. Mix together all spices in a small bowl.
- Drizzle on 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss.
- Finally, sprinkle on the seasoning and toss, making sure all chickpeas are fully coated.
- Place in oven and roast at 200ºC for 30-35 minutes, tossing every 15 minutes.
- Place all of the ingredients for the dressing in a jar and then screw the lid on.
- Shake the jar until all ingredients are combined. Set aside for later!
Recipe by fitfoodiefinds
- First, prepare quinoa. Place quinoa and water into a medium pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium/high heat. Once boiling, turn down to low and cover. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until all liquid has absorbed.
- Next, toast almonds. Place chopped almonds into a pan. Turn heat to medium and toast for around 3-5 minutes making sure to constantly stir so they do not burn. Remove from heat once they’ve turned a golden brown.
- Place kale into a large bowl and drizzle on olive oil. Season with a pinch of salt. Use your hands to massage the kale for a few minutes until the kale turns a bright green and has become softer to the touch. Set aside.
- For the carrots, use a vegetable peeler to create ribbons. Simply peel each carrot as you normally would with a vegetable peeler but continue until the entire carrot is gone. Repeat for both carrots.
- Assemble the salad by placing the carrots, red onion, fresh mint, dates, and feta into a large bowl.
- Add the kale and quinoa to the bowl and toss.
- Finally, drizzle on the salad dressing and toss until everything is combined.
- Serve immediately and top with the crunchy chickpeas or meal prep by distributing the salad evenly into four meal prep containers. Keep the chickpeas separate from the salad if meal prepping because you don’t want the chickpeas to get soggy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.