Miso mushrooms on toast
A comforting and tasty recipe to start your day, it's full of flavour and only takes 15 minutes to make!
- Clean any dirt off the mushrooms by brushing off the soil with a pastry brush or tea towel. Cut them all into similar size pieces (thinly sliced recommended). Heat a large frying pan over a high heat and add the oil and butter.
- Once the butter has melted and is starting to butter, throw in the mushrooms. Fry over a high heat, occasionally tossing around until they start to go golden. Towards the end, add the garlic, briefly frying so it doesn't burn in the high heat of the pan.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread until lightly golden
- Reduce the heat and add the miso paste, cream and a good splash of hot water, roughly 75mL, to the mushrooms and garlic. Swirl around in the pan until you have a thick, cream sauce. Season with chilli flakes, soy sauce, parsley and a twist of black pepper. Spoon over the toasted bread and serve with some picked ginger.
- White Oyster Mushrooms, 150g (or your fav variety)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 20g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & crushed
- 2 slices sourdough bread
1 heaped tsp heaped genmai miso
- 2 tbsp pure cream
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- tamari or soy sauce, to season
- handful chopped parsley
- ground black pepper
- optional garnish - pickled ginger
Recipe from the Flexible Vegetarian cookbook.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.