Lemon Coriander Soup
Since the cool weather crept up on us last week, we've been thinking fondly of warm, comforting bowls of soup. This recipe combines hearty vegetables with flavourful coriander and ginger, and just a hint of lemon to add sweetness.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 inch ginger (finely chopped)
- ½ onion (finely chopped)*
- 2 tbsp coriander stem (finely chopped)
- ½ carrot (finely chopped)**
- 2 tbsp cabbage (shredded)
- 2 tbsp beans (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 3 cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp cornflour or plain flour
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
*Can be omitted or subbed for 1/2 cup of eschallots if you don't want to buy out of season
**Also not in season, can be subbed for more green beans, cauliflower or similar!
Recipe from Hebbar's Kitchen! Don't forget to send your recipe suggestions to email@example.com
- firstly, in a large pot heat 2 tsp oil and saute 2 clove garlic, 1 inch ginger.
- After a minute, saute ½ onion and 2 tbsp coriander stem for a minute in the same pot.
- Now add your vegetables and saute for a minute without overcooking.
- Add 3 cup water, ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper powder. Mix well and boil for 5 minutes.
- prepare the flour slurry by mixing 1 tbsp flour and ¼ cup water. Mix well making sure there are no lumps.
- Pour this mix into the soup and boil for 2 minutes, making sure the flavours are well combined.
- Turn off the flame and add 3 tbsp coriander and 2 tbsp lemon juice and mix in.
- Finally, garnish with coriander leaves, a lemon slice and serve
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.