Jody & Alex's Green Love Pasta
- Trim and wash the leek, halve it longways, chop it into 1cm chunks.
- Peel all the garlic! You don't need to chop them - just make sure they are peeled.
- Prepare your kale (or other lovely leafys) however you like (stems off, washed, etc) and roughly chop.
- Grate your parmesan cheese and set aside.
Boil a big pot of water with a good amount of salt in it. When boiling, drop in the chopped leek and the garlic cloves. Cook for 3 mins.
- Now add your leaves and cook for another 3mins. NO LONGER!
Drain everything into a colander and transfer into whatever kitchen appliance you have that can liquidise. We use the Nutribullet!
- Drizzle in the olive oil. Whizzzzz...Give it a taste and season with salt etc if you prefer. Put it back in a saucepan that is going to be big enough to take this sauce, plus the pasta.
- Put that aside and boil another large pot of water and cook your penne until its al dente.
10.When it's done, drain through the colander and then add your pasta to your green sauce. Stir through and put back on the heat to simmer for around 30 seconds. As it starts to come to the boil, take it off the stove and stir through the cheese.
- 1 large leek
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 large handfuls of kale
- 100ml of really good olive oil
- 500g of penne pasta
- 100g of parmesan cheese
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.