Emma and Demetry's Seasonal 'Salsa Verde'
This loosely termed salsa verde recipe is tasty and versatile, we used bullhorn peppers, as well as some other delicious vegetables from this season.
It's great to have as a dip, alongside Pannu's flatbreads. We also enjoyed it as a sauce for this homemade vegan gnocchi recipe by The Curious Chickpea.
- 3 Green Bullhorn Peppers
- 1 generous cup of spinach
- 1 Onion, Red
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary (from the BBQ Bouquet Herb Bunch)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Prepare your veggies: slice your bullhorn peppers in half, removing the seeds, thinly slice the garlic cloves and roughly dice the red onion.
- Place the pan on medium heat, add olive oil, red onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Allow to cook for a minute and then place pepper halves in the pan. Cook these for 2 minutes, then turn over and cook for 2 minutes on the other side, aim for some light charring.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the Red Wine Vinegar to the pan while hot.
- Blend it all up! Add the pan contents, along with spinach and rosemary, to a blender. If it's not blending well, add a tablespoon of water at a time until it blends smoothly. Season to taste.
- Serve alongside your favourite flatbread by Pannu, aka My Old Fashioned Pantry.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.