Easy two-step mustard green pesto
- 2 bulbs russian garlic
- 35g almonds, toasted and roughly chopped (1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (a great opportunity to try the Picual olive oil by Coolmunda Olives)
- 30g Parmesan cheese, grated (1/3 cup)
- 1/2 large bunch mustard greens, stems discarded, roughly chopped (4 cups)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Wrap garlic in foil, and roast until flesh is completely tender, about 1 hour. Let cool completely. Squeeze garlic from skins, discarding skins.
- Pulse garlic, almonds, oil, cheese, mustard greens, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper to taste, and 2 tablespoons water in a food processor until a thick paste forms. Pesto can be refrigerated up to 3 days.
Recipe from Martha Stewart. Image from Oh My Veggies.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.