This recipe is perfect for those of us who always struggle to use up all the cucumbers in their set boxes! Eat them as they are with a side of kimchi, or enjoy them as a side to any soup or curry.
Ingredients (makes 4 rotis)
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/2 cup besan (chickpea) flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup rice flour (if you don't have this, you can also use 1/4 cup equal parts of plain and besan flour)
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- any spice & herbs of your choosing (we like to use fresh coriander or dill, and a little bit of chilli)
- 1 tbsp oil
Recipe adapted and photo from Archana’s Kitchen! Don't forget to send your recipe suggestions to community@foodconnect .com.au
- Prep your cucumber, the cucumber is better blended, however if you don't have a blender that will do the trick - grating the cucumber will also work!
- Place your blended or grated cucumber in a bowl and add salt, pepper, garlic, herbs & spices and mix in.
- Combine all your flours together in a bowl and add to the cucumber mix. Mix in until well combined, you want the mixture to be a thick batter - add a little bit of water if it's too dry and flour if too wet.
- Once you have a nice thick consistency, heat up some oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Once the oil is smoking a little in the pan, use a ladle to pour some of your batter in and cook for about 1 minute each side. Repeat for the rest of your rotis.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.