This one ticks all our weekday-meal criteria – super-healthy, packed with flavour, and ready in less than an hour.
- 500 gm dried chickpeas, soaked overnight in cold water
- 6 shallots, finely chopped
- 250 ml extra-virgin olive oil (1 cup)
- 125 ml lemon juice (½ cup)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup each coarsely chopped mint, coriander and flat-leaf parsley
Drain chickpeas and cook in a saucepan of boiling water until tender (20-30 minutes). Drain, then transfer to a bowl, add shallot, oil, lemon juice and garlic, season generously to taste, then toss to combine.
Just before serving, add herbs, toss to combine and transfer to plates. Serve with crusty bread.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.