Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers
This recipe is a great way to enjoy the fresh poblano chilis from The Pitts' farm, but also works with capsicums or jalapenos! If you're vegetarian, you can try them with the lentils from Sovereign Foods that are on special this week.
- Poblano chilis (or capsicum), cut in half lengthways
- Tomatoes, diced
- Onion and garlic, sliced and diced
- Shredded chicken or lentils for a vegetarian option, pre-cooked (enough to add texture to the mix)
- Cheddar cheese
- Coriander, roughly chopped
- Ground Cumin
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil, drizzle
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a medium pan, then throw in the onion and cook for 2 minutes before adding tomatoes, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Add 1 cup of water and allow to cook for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in your chicken or lentils
- Take your mixture and fill your chili halves and place on a baking tray.
- Crumble a generous amount of cheddar cheese on top and bake in oven until cheese begins to brown
- Garnish with coriander and serve!
Don't forget to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your own fabulous recipes, or join our Food Connect Community Facebook Group for more.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.