Caramelised Honey Garlic Purple Carrots
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1kg carrots, cut into 1 inch chunks on the diagonal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a 10 inch skillet (preferably cast-iron), heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add carrots and salt once melted, stirring to coat.
- Place cover on skillet and cook for 10 minutes, then remove and stir in the garlic. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 13-15 minutes, until tender, but not mushy.
- Then stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter, honey, and parsley, cooking 2 minutes to combine. Taste, adjusting salt as needed. Serve warm.
Adapted from the Simply Scratch cookbook.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.