Braised Carrots and Turnips with Honey
- 1kg Carrots, trimmed and cut in half lengthways
- 600g Turnips, peeled and halved
- 100g butter
- 2 Tbspoon honey
- 100ml water
- 2Tbspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2Tbspoon chopped Italian parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Recipe from Riverford Farm Cookbook
- Put all the ingredients (except the vinegar and parsley) in a heavy based pan and place over high heat until the mixture is simmering away.
- Turn the heat right down, cover the pan and cook for about 10 minutes, frequently checking and stirring the carrots and turnips to make sure they don't stick to the pan.
- Increase the heat slightly and stir in the balsamic vinegar.
- Cook for 3 minutes, then turn the heat off and stir in the parsley
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.