BBQ Lamb Kofta Kebabs with Spicy Yoghurt Dressing
Show off your ethical free-range lamb mince from the Mayne family with this week's BBQ lamb kofta kebab recipe! Paired with some hot sauce dressing using Sabarac's sauces to give it that extra flavour and kick!
500g Lamb Mince from Piggy in the Middle (defrosted)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (flat) tsp cumin
- 1 (flat) tsp cinnamon
- 1 (flat) tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 a bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 tsp pepper cayenne (optional)
- Pita breads (optional - to serve)
- Wooden or metal skewers
- a pinch of cinnamon
- salt and ground pepper
- 250g Barambah Natural Yoghurt
- 1 tsp - 1 tbsp (depending on your spice tolerance) of your favourite flavour of Sabarac Hot Sauce
- In a large bowl the minced meat, garlic, spices and diced tomato. Season well with salt and pepper and mix the ingredients together well, squeezing the flavours through the lamb with your hands (or a food processor). Add the chopped parsley and then using your hands mix all the ingredients together until combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge to rest for 1 hour.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in some water to prevent them from burning. Gently squeeze the meat around the skewers to form log-shaped kebabs, each about 10-12cm long. Make sure the meat is spread to an even thickness. You should be able to make 6 generously sized kebabs. Refrigerate the kebabs until you are ready to grill. If you have time, it is best to chill 30 minutes to let flavours mingle and firm up meat.
- Preheat a grill or griddle pan on a high heat. Brush the kofta kebabs with olive oil and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until nicely coloured on all sides and cooked through.
- Mix together your dressing ingredients in a bowl and serve!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.